What is a Kettlebell?
It is weighted round ball of cast iron or steel with an over sized iron handle. They can range in weight from 4kg to 50kg.
They are by no means new to the world of health and fitness they have just been waiting for a comeback and let’s be thankful that some of the visionary thinkers in the industry have dusted them off. Over the past decade the Kettlebell has seen resurgence from the days of Louis Cyr and Eugene Sandow the strongmen of the late 1900th century and the benefits of this simple understated piece of equipment are tremendous. With proper instruction the Kettlebell will address and improve all the major aspects of fitness: strength, endurance, mobility,excess fat reduction, and flexibility. Combine their use with a healthy attitude with regards to your daily eating habits and you have a bombshell combination.
Will they help you acquire a slimmed down athletic looking physique? Definitely!
Can they help build muscular size and strength and explosive power for athletics? Yes!
The Kettlebell is for all intense and purposes probably one of the most versatile, pieces of equipment you can use to make changes in all aspects of your fitness. Use them collectively the Indian Club and a variety of old school body weight resistance and endurance exercises and your results are limitless.
Unlike most dumbbell, and barbell exercises with the kettlebell muscles are forced to work as a synergistic unit across several planes of motion, while requiring the individual to maintain balance and control.
The kettlebell is an ideal piece of equipment to work the 5 main components of
• Body composition
The Indian Club
What are Indian Clubs?
The Indian club has its origins as an ancient weapons in India, the war club, or gada, as it is known. Over time this club has morphed in name ( in North America to the Clubbell®) and form (Steel) developing into an effective tool for physical fitness. They are bowling-pin shaped wooden or steel “clubs” of varying sizes and weights, which are swung in certain patterns as part of an exercise program. They can range from a few pounds each, up to special clubs that can weigh as much as 50 pounds.
The use of Indian clubs in your fitness training help forge a lean strong mobile body. If you want your body to be the most efficient tool possible, train it with the most inefficient tool available, such as the Kettlebell and the Clubbell®! Indian Club Athletics force your body to adapt to torque, torsion and traction, effectively enhancing your physical skills and attributes. But what does this mean? Essentially, because the Indian Clubs don’t do all the stabilizing work for you, your body learns to move more effectively and efficiently. The Clubbell is free to move in all directions which means it places demands on your structure in three dimensions. The strength training machines you find in the gym are two dimensional and extremely efficient, so you don’t have to be!
The difference in using the Indian Club is it works the body circularly, not linearly, which will shock most bodies to achieve results and forge the body and strength of an athlete. We train with Kettlebells and enjoy the challenge and results, the Indian Clubs add a completely new dimension to compliment the Bells. Because Club training is a full-body and three-dimensional mode of exercise, you will burn more fat and build more functional muscle than with any other tool! I’ve been involved in strength and conditioning since my early 20s this tool has been a revelation.The Indian Club has added a completely new dimension to training that yields results ! With the use of the Kettlebell and the Indian club pound for pound I am stronger, have a better quality of mobility than at any point in my life, but more importantly, I’m injury free.
With the use of our Kettlebell and Indian Club programs we strive to utilize all of the equipment available to us that serve to create a well rounded functionally fit body and mindset. We lead members through increasingly more demanding movements, guiding people of all ability levels toward improved physical fitness and functional day to day activities. Our individual training and our group workouts are fun and challenging. We strive to provide the best methods and tools suited to getting the unequaled results in the least amount of time.
- BMSfit principles- Our program brings to you a clean efficient well rounded method of getting in peak condition whether you are a beginner, Mixed Martial Artist or world class athlete of any sort through the use of a complete range of equipment that compliments all aspects of fitness. Our principle maintains that increased proficiency is required in 9 fitness areas:
- Muscular Strength
- Improved Reaction time and speed
- Physical agility
- Coordinated and balanced movement
- Fat Loss through proper nutrition and activity
You can expect to experience in pursuit of achieving you true potential in these principles a complete range exercises from all the disciplines available to us in the industry. Be assured though challenging at times to learn and perform, they will yield excellent results towards helping you reaching your goal of complete fitness and or improved athletic performance.
- Cardio vascular Element -To give your heart a proper workout you need to make sure that you do your cardiovascular exercise with a certain amount of intensity, but you don’t want to overdo it. All of our sessions run at an average of 45 minutes while maintaining a steady heart rate at each individual’s optimal heart rate level assuring to yield the best results in the allotted time.Everyone has a maximum heart rate, which the maximum amount of times your heart can beat in a minute. Your ‘target heart rate zone’ is a range of heart rate that is considered to be the best rate to be in to give your heart a good workout. This range is between 50% and 85% of your maximum heart rate.
- Functional fitness – Functional fitness training keeps your body in shape for your daily activities such as sports, walking, bending, lifting, or whatever your job and life entails. Functional training like most types of fitness training includes aspects of balance, stability, posture, flexibility in addition to muscular strength. For you to receive the true benefits functional fitness training it’s advised to use exercises that will incorporate numerous muscle groups at the same time. Functional types of fitness training using a variety of free weights, performing plyometrics, and day to day movements under a controlled resistant state. This form of exercise will force your body and multiple muscle groups to work as one thereby improving your speed, agility, quickness, and muscle strength.
- Traditional- We incorporation traditional resistance exercises by using barbells, dumbbells and equipment that affords movements that compliment development of areas of observed weakness. Our aim is to safely help you reach a complete balance of overall muscular strength and postural stability.
- Core Strength and Posture Stabilization- A strong core body is essential for all of us to carry on a healthy vital day to day routine. Strength, power, speed, quickness, agility, coordination and balance (stability) all come from the core of the body. Strength begins in the core of the body and extends outward through the arms and legs, thus connecting all movements of the upper and lower body.The stronger the core of the body the more powerful and explosive movements can be. In addition, a strong core also inhibits unnecessary movements of the limbs, thus making all movement more efficient by conserving energy. Also making movement more efficient is proper body alignment or posture. Proper body alignment is much easier to attain when abdominal and back muscles, and muscles in the pelvic region are strong and balanced.
- Flexibility-Flexibility refers to the ability to move joints through their entire range of motion, from a flexed to an extended position. The flexibility of a joint depends on many factors including the length and suppleness of the muscles and ligaments and the shape of the bones and cartilage that form the joint. Though flexibility can be genetic, it can also be developed by stretching. Flexibility is one of the cornerstones of fitness which is often overlooked.Flexibility exercises tend to increase the amount strength, stability, and mobility in a joint. For a complete package of fitness to be achieved a consist regimen of stretching exercise must be a component of each and every workout session.
- Body Composition- BMSfit strives through a mix of a variety of exercises in an intense circuit training format to help our members reach a desired body composition. The objective is to reach and maintain the desired ratios of composition while keeping an eye on healthy percentages. Body Composition is used to describe the percentages of fat, bone, and muscle in the human body. Because muscular tissue takes up less space in our body than fat tissue, our body composition, as well as our weight, determines leanness.
Our Methods are solid and proven. BMSfit’s programs provide:
- Decrease body fat (body composition shift)
- Time efficient intense workouts
- Dynamic varied workouts from one session to the next
- Results that are scalable to your individual capabilities
- Progressive results based on the S.A.I.D. principle
- Help build confidence and positive mental attitude
- BMSfit is a safe, exciting, and fun way to get in great shape!